Welcome To Coaches Corner
**New as of September 18**
Sneaky, Subtle ways to boost your program (see below)
Right now's your chance to set YOUR program on course for season-long success.
Special Offer: I will personally help you take your team to all new heights…and I will pay you to do so.
Talk about offers you can’t refuse…
Sneaky, Subtle ways to boost your program
Right now (as of this writing), it is Mid-September. In-between time. Season isn't quite upon us yet we are all thinking about it. As such, this is a great time to give your program a subtle boost, while respecting and honoring the ongoing programs at your school.
You can utilize these methods to do so:
1. Support the ongoing programs. Organize a 'wrestling cheer section' at sporting events. Wrestlers have signs/banners, wear shirts, volunteer at events. Example: a few years ago the local team painted their faces, attended the football game, and threw those tiny 'gift footballs' into the stands when the team scored. A nice banner was included (something like “Go Team from the wrestlers", or such. [My advice: #1. Make sure it is respectful and in good taste. #2. Support the girls teams as well. Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, etc. Be visible in your community.]
#2: (Small preview for October coaches newsletter). Athlete outreach. While showing support for fall sports teams, athletes can be talking to the athletes that would be a good fit for wrestling. Encourage good athletes to give it a try even if they've never wrestled before (an upcoming newsletter will outline methods for catching up these athletes while veteran athletes are also expanding their skills.)
#3. Wrestlers fun workout events. Example: pickup soccer games, fun runs, even events such as cycling get togethers, etc. Be sure other athletes who are not currently on the team, but may want to try it out, are invited.
Are you a member yet? Via emails, coaches on my list get info like this:
- how to structure a season-long practice plan to implement, and reinforce, your highest priority techniques
- Organizational skills (putting together a practice plan from start to finish, that’s optimized for efficiency)
- surprisingly effective methods to train athletes so they absorb and internalize more than ever before
- when and how to introduce core skills
- which core skills to implement and why
- training athletes to do things exactly and precisely
- Setting up your practice, minute by minute, for maximum efficiency
When you sign up, you will immediately receive this:
- Parents Guide to Youth Wrestling
- Free Report: “Helping your Athletes Succeed on and off the mat"
- Free Report: “A Simple idea to help your program"
…and regular info to help your program.
Attack System Training for your athletes
As you well know, there is a big difference between showing an athlete, and training an athlete. The elite coaches are constantly looking to gain that edge – the something extra that pushes their athletes to defeat tough opponents at the highest levels. Many top coaches through the years have taken my advice when it comes to things such as:
- Developing a systematic approach to their program
- Motivating athletes to train like champions
- Drilling the most important techniques to a point so it is second nature
- Peaking at tournament time
If these elements are what you are looking for in order to gain an edge, you are who I created my Coaches DVD for.
When you are watching this DVD, you will discover
- Attack System Training Overview: A detailed look at how I train athletes here – and how this training style can benefit your own program
- How to snag the numerous Plug and Play Drills right off this DVD and implement in your own room…drills that train athletes to do the following:
- Position themselves so they can't be attacked…
- Beat the opponent's collar ties
- Hand fight like a champion
- learn how to beat the most devastating turns and rides, including legs and spiral
…and much much more.
Pretty soon, your athletes will be getting their hands raised and defeating opponents that once beat them – all because you implemented this system of wrestling and had them drill it until it was second nature.
And here's the best part….
Most of the drills you will see on here, take less than five minutes out of your practice schedule.
In addition, you will discover how to:
- Structure your practices so you get the optimal mix of drilling, technique, live and conditioning – timed to the minute.
- Plug in the skills you snag from this DVD and build them into your own program
- Implement our Intensity Drills to push your athletes to the limit and help them excel.